Wednesday, October 28, 2020

The Lummox Dumb A** No More (Well At Least For Today)...


Well, Pete here and after my last blog where I ripped the Lummox a new one for being clumsy on Sunday and not getting to hike or camp. I have to give the devil his due as the Lummox came through with hiking and camping at Rock Creek yesterday and today.
I could say some derogatory stuff like a blind squirrel gets a nut sometimes or a broken clock is right twice a day. No, I wouldn't say anything like that. He sucked it up and got us out on Tuesday morning. Because he wanted to see fall colors the Lummox and I decided to first go up Cliff Ridge at Chesota. Now it meant not going up to Unaka Mountain, but almost four miles on the AT (Appalachian Trail) beats two so I won't complain. Then it was to Pleasant Garden. His search for some old trail meant more hiking for me. After it was more AT time, including Beauty Spot. We finished the day the best way possible, camping at Rock Creek Recreation Area...now that IS good shit! 


Then on Wednesday, after his teeth cleaning, he ignored the threat of rain and we did more hiking at Buffalo Mountain. That the Hiking Machine liked...BITCHES!


No comments:

Post a Comment