Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Virginia Fall Colors & Crisp Temperatures Just Some Of The Recipe For A Pleasant Weekend


This weekend's Fall trip to the Cabin had it all. Autumn temperatures, clear skies, colorful leaves, and no mowing! We had to delay our trip to Saturday as I was recovering from my trip to Camp Creek Bald on Friday (more on that later). So, it was Saturday afternoon when we got up there. So, I cut up some of the Oak Tree that had fallen near the Spring for the fire I built that evening. It was cool, clear, and just a nice evening by the fire.




The next morning I went out for a hike with Pete, as he talked about here. It was frosty and around 35 degrees when I headed out on our hike up and over Russell Knob and Robert Knob. It was a good hike and Pete enjoyed it. 








Once back, Dad and I would put in a food blot across the branch from the Cabin. Then I got another hike in as I followed Dad up (he was on the tractor) to check on the food plot and go up to the top. Oh, on both hikes I saw plenty of Fall colors.








That evening it was more fire building as I fired up the pit. This fire was even better than the previous nights. Then there was a fabulous cloudy sunset. It was another enjoyable evening and weekend





No comments:

Post a Comment