Monday, October 5, 2020

It's Early October & That Means Pawpaw Hunting Time


It is early October and besides the start of the best month of the year, it is also Pawpaw hunting season. 
I usually go out the weekend of the Clinch Coalition Naturalist Rally, but as I had already relayed it was a virtual event this year. But, I love Paw Paws, so it is worth a special trip. For those who don't know or haven't read my past blogs on the subject, a Paw Paw is the fruit from the tree of the same name. It is native to North America. It is kind of like a cross between a banana and a mango with a custardish flavor. 



Like any fruit some years it is more abundant (2018) than others. This year was what I would classify as good. Most of the fruit would be found down what I call Paw Paw Alley, which is the road/trail to the other barn. 





Before I headed on my Paw Paw hunt, I helped Dad put out a Deer food plot. After that, I went in search of the fruit and I found plenty. Instead of coming back up, I went around the Superloop and back to the Cabin.














Besides Paw Paw hunting and hiking I built fires both Friday and Saturday nights. On the second evening, I even heard Coyotes, so we're so close I thought I might see eyeshine. Best of all on this trip it felt like Fall, unlike this time last year when it was 90 degrees.





No comments:

Post a Comment