Monday, June 7, 2021

It Was A Wolf Pack Weekend At The Cabin


What do you get when you combine Sun, hiking, a fire pit, gear testing, and a couch...a fun Wolf Pack Weekend at the Cabin.


If I haven't said the Wolf Pack is made up of the Wood Booger (me), Lester, and our leader Bax (while offered, Pete has rejected membership). Well, this weekend I took them over to the Cabin in Virginia. The reason, there was a wedding at St. Clair this weekend. If you know the boys, Lester would have been barking terrified and Bax would also be barking for the opposite reason (especially at kids). 

Wedding at St. Clair

So, I loaded them up and headed to Fort for the weekend. For Lester the weekend was spent mostly on the couch, boy he does love the couch. He did, however, take two hikes on his own, but before long he was back ready to get back to his couch.

Cows

Bax & Lester



Lester outside...

...but where he was most of the weekend

Bax on the other hand went hike out with me on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. This also made Pete happy. Also, I discovered bunches of Bear Corn (some even eaten by the Bear seen below on sign photos) so, I am changing the names of the knobs from Russell and Robert Knobs to Little Bear Corn and Bear Corn Knobs.

Bax on the Friday hike

Bax on Saturday

Bax & Meadow



Little Bear Corn Knob (T) & Bear Corn Knob (B)

Why the change...summits full of Bear Corn



Bax's Sunday Funday


Bax & I on all three days

He got a little hot on Saturday because it was humid and it didn't take long for it to get really steamy. By afternoon the temperature topped out at 90 degrees and because of this, I had to wait before cooking my dinner. When I finally got to building a fire I got to try out my new foldable campfire grill. I cooked my lamb and potatoes on it. It worked really good. After that, I put the fire pit over my campfire (the grill wouldn't fit over the half-barrel)

Plane watching

My new camp grill was a success 

My fire without & the with cover

Friday (T) & Saturday sundown (B)


That wasn't all on Friday we had a visitor. No, it wasn't a bear he had been there and knocked the bird feeder down. The little visitor was a Striped Skunk. It was a pretty one with the whole top was white. It was digging in the yard for something. He was out there for hours, I had to run him off before letting the pack out at bedtime.

Saw a lot of bear sign, but the feeder survived

Beautiful Striped Skunk

Lester got to lay on the couch, Bax got to do Bax stuff and it all was a drama-free weekend for the Wolf Pack.




No comments:

Post a Comment