Wednesday, April 6, 2022

The Tower Wasn't The Only View On Pinnacle Mountain


Yes, this was last week I have had a lot going on. trip to the Cabin (more to come) and some dog sitting. Anyway, here are some thoughts on my trip to Pinnacle Mountain Fire Tower. 
When I was thinking of a make-up hike for my Saturday boot fiasco, on Tuesday,  it needed to satisfy duel criteria. The first was a good distance and the other I could run my drone and Pinnacle Mountain filled the bill. 

New type of selfie with the drone

My last fire tower trip, to Rich Mountain, influenced this one to Pinnacle. The reason is because of feeling out of shape in the snow and I figured eight-plus miles would help get some of my stamina back and unlike the Smokies or some other spots (like Laurel Fork Falls) I could run the drone. I know it had only been four months since my last trip to Pinnacle Mountain, but it is such a great hike to this refurbished  So, I drove up I-81 & 26 to Unicoi in the county of the same name. I have talked about this hike in more detail, but let's just say I was in better shape back in November, but I handled it pretty well.

Pinnacle Mtn. in autumn (T) & Rich Mtn. in March (B)

An aborted hike was the genesis for...

...Pinnacle Mountain

The view from the air

Besides testing my endurance the other reason for my trip was to run the Nostromo around the tower. I got plenty of nice shots. Once back on the way to Johnson City it was noticeable that the Buffalo Mountain Fire still had life. As I went home it was obvious that I would get home around sunset, so I took advantage of the drone one more time.

Trip back


Photo Pages: SmuMug & Google Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment