Wednesday, August 10, 2022

The Summer Heat Was On At CNF Waterfalls


Summer...I know many people love it, but I am not one of them. This blog like summer takes too long. Also, I do less hiking; when I do, it is usually a backpack because it is generally at a higher elevation and it just takes longer to get to these places. So most of the time I do a day hike to somewhere like Margarette Falls, where I headed last Wednesday. Well, since it was hot I did my seasonal Summer Hike to Bailey Falls in the Cherokee National Forest (CNF). 





While this outing had more problems than I really want to share but I will say one good thing came of the hike...I got to test out my new hiking boots. These are my new day hikers, Salmon Ultra-4s. While I had to make adjustments but by the end of the hike, they were dialed in. Well, for a blog this short it did take a while to write it, but this is the end...enjoy!



Photos: SmugMug

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I always like that hike, but I don't think I've ever seen such a stuffed garter snake! how crazy! Thanks for sharing through your writing and photos.

    ReplyDelete