Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Hornets, Mowing & A Beautiful Sunset At The Cabin


As Pete so abruptly said we went to the Cabin early last week for three days of rain, mowing, and hunting hornets but unfortunately no hiking. 


Anyway, the two reasons for the visit were mowing, again, and doing something about the Bald Faced Hornet problem in the barn. I talked about it when it was the size of a softball, but now more like a basketball. I went up after dark on Sunday and set off one of the large foggers I ordered from Amazon. The next morning they were still flying in and out. Since it was a little rainy, I hit it with foaming hornet spray. Then Monday evening I emptied another can and set off the other fogger. The next morning the hive looked quiet...so we will see.


One other thing of note...on Sunday evening I didn't plan to run the drone, but at sunset, the colors were too good to resist. To make a long story short, it went up. Well, that was the first part of the week, the Smokies were to come...





Photos: SmugMug

No comments:

Post a Comment