Friday, August 26, 2022

Whuppin Tails & Shredding Trails In The Smokies!


I was in Hiking Machine Heaven this week when I camped on the AT (Appalachian Trail) at Icewaters Springs Shelter! I started the week at the Cabin and since we didn't hike it doesn't matter to me (the Lummox can talk about that). Then he's babysitting those slobbering hounds which means no nights on the trail for weeks. So, on Hump Day I threatened to kick the Lummox in the nuts if we didn't hit the trail...so we did, HELL YEAH!


The Lummox wanted to do a wussy car, no way I said the Smokies High County and it was off to Newfound Gap. I then loaded our pack and the Lummox and headed out. Because of the extra weight of the Lummox, I didn't get to Icewater Spring Shelter as fast as I can at my trail crushing best.

Once there the Lummox wanted to stay at the shelter because we had done three miles, but you know what I said HELL NO! We went past Charlie's Bunion, then the "Original" Bunion, and past Dry Sluice Gap on out to the Sawtooth. That was two miles from the shelter. I wanted to go on, but the Lummox was tired...wuss! But, he wasn't too tired to r** **** ***** ***e. As a compromise, we went to both Bunions before heading back.


There were a lot more people there than when we left. Some were even tenting, I think it was because of a "Shelter Mouse." The Lummox thought he was cute, but that night a gave that mouse the ass-whupping a wanted to give that damn Crumbsnatcher a few years back!



Thursday morning I grinded back to Newfound Gap with 200+ pounds on my back. But when we got to Clingmans Dome I dropped the big back and shredded another 1.5 miles. Oh, I loved all of those tourists, like the Lummox, when the clouds rolled in and squashed their dreams and views from the tower...NICE! Anyway, that's about all I will let the Lummox go on about those damn bears. If I had my way there would have been plenty of bear rugs to go around...HA, HA, HA! Well, I just have one more thing to say...I'm out BITCHES!



No comments:

Post a Comment