Sunday, June 21, 2015

Even With The Problems I Have Had The Beard Blog Is Back: Week 40-To-42





No, I haven’t shaved my beard and the Beard Blog is still here, but I lately I just haven’t had the time to do a post or even trim my beard. On this special edition of the Beard Blog I will shed some light on what has been up with the Wood Booger for over two weeks. The last time I did a Beard Blog was over a fortnight ago and any blog 12 days ago. As I wrote then my apartment got flooded back at the end of May. 

Day 263 @ Dry Falls.



Master bedroom...

...& the Swamp...

Our bed was in our living room for two weeks.

It flooded a couple more times after that, and because of this I missed my overnight hike with the Clinch Coalition to one of the homes of the Wood Booger, the High Knob area of southwest Virginia. 

I should have been in this picture!

Then the night before we were headed to Tennessee, a week ago Tuesday, it came another gully washer that once again sent water into our apartment into the master bedroom, and also the secondary bedroom that I referred to as “the swamp.” It was then we decided we just needed to get our stuff out. So, we came back last Thursday to get the rest of our stuff. Because it was the weekend it was Monday before we could get a truck and let just say it was not a fun experience loading the truck, it was hotter than the Devil’s ass-crack. I just want to think Marty for helping out. I then the next day I drove the truck to my Dad’s in Tennessee. I am storing most of my stuff there, because sometime sooner rather than latter we plan to move back and I am tired of moving the stuff, I want to get rid of a lot of it and I am tired of renting trucks. 

Night before loading...

...& after.

One last look at my apartment.

So, on Tuesday I drove the rental truck from Georgia and up I-75 (because I didn’t have any mountains to climb) to Tennessee and once again it was HOT! Then on Wednesday I had to unload it and while I had help from Deb, Terry and my Dad it was a long day and I pulled my back-out. 

Leaving Atlanta...

...headed torward the mountains...

...Tennessee Welcome Center near Chattanooga...

...there was Lily's...

...& is pretty nice.

On the way I was passed by a mobile Poutine truck.

Because of all of this my three-day with the Georgia Adventures Group at the Roan Highlands, which would have started Friday, was also scrapped. I have been trying to do this hike for almost three summers and I am still trying. Besides being physically tried, the last three weeks have drained me mentally and that is why I just can’t go out now. Hey, Glen we need to do this or anyone else who wants to go out let me know. 

Here is what I missed this weekend!

The only good thing that happen, this past week, because we were in Georgia on Monday I was able to go to Bobby G’s and watch Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final. If you remember the last Beard Blog the Cup Final was just starting and by Game 6 my beloved Hawks were one game from the Cup. Bobby G’s is a Chicago eatery in Milton near where I use to live before I moved to Dawsonville (and the Swamp). It was here that I watched the Hawks beat Philadelphia in 2010 to win the Stanley Cup and fulfill a lifelong dream. I didn’t get to go here in 2013 win Chicago would win again, but I got the chance again Monday. Let me say it was a lot more crowded than five years ago. When Deb and I got there, an hour before the game, there was no seats and we had to stand to eat. We would later get seats and I got to celebrate with a bar full of Hawks fans as Chicago shutout Tampa Bay to win our win our first Cup on home-ice since 1938. I got to host the Bobby G’s Cup and sign it too. It was a wonderful night and was the thing that got me though this otherwise crappy week. 

Bobby G's was full...

...but Deb & I had a good time (Day 269).



Some one passing the Bobby G's Cup...

...to me...

...& I even signed it.

Taking a drink of 18-year old scotch from my Mini-Cup.

YES!

When I got to Tennessee I celebrated some more.

Enjoying the fire.

Tonight (now last night as it is early Sunday morning as we speak), it finally cooled down and I was able to finally build a fire and relax. Oh, I also got around to trimming my beard. I hope next week to be back on schedule. With that said here is the Beard Blog.

Finally, Day 274

Left

Right

Below

No comments:

Post a Comment