Sunday, June 28, 2015

Trip To A Family Reunion Or The Wood Booger Sighted At The Methodist Camp

Today, Deb, Terry and my Dad took a trip to where some of my family's people are from Southwest Virginia, more specifically Fort Blackmore. The reason we headed there was for the the 25th Brickey Family Reunion at the Methodist Camp. This wasn't my first time to the reunion and I had been to the Methodist Camp many times as a young Booger. The 80-acre facility is more like a community camp. It has fallen on hard times since the Big Stone Gap District of the Holston Community United Methodist Church cut off funding last year. The camp is still in good shape, but it could use its funding back because the swimming pool needs work to reopen. Anyway, there was good food, plenty of people I didn't know or remember and music by the Cripple Creek Bluegrass Band. All-in-all a nice day trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment