Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Waterfalls in Georgia & North Carolina

Well, I finally got a break from "the Swamp" and I headed to Tennessee for a couple of days. So, since Deb wasn't with me on my trip up (we drove separately) I decided to do a Georgia and North Carolina waterfall detour. The first was the last "must see" Georgia waterfall, Minnehaha Falls. This 100 footer is located near Lake Rabun and is well worth the trip. Next I headed toward Highlands, NC, past three overlooks and headed on US-64 toward Franklin. The reason, there are waterfalls on this road. The first is the 45-foot Bridal Veil Falls. It has the distinction of being the only waterfall in North Carolina one can drive under. The next was the spectacular 75-foot Dry Falls. It gets the name from the fact with low water flow  you can stand under it and stay dry. However, that wasn't the case today. Finally the last falls I visited was the 20-foot Quarry Falls. Nothing makes for a better day than waterfalls. I will be putting up a photo/video blog soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment