Sunday, September 4, 2016

500



Well, this blog is technically three and a half years old, but I have regularly posted just short of 36 months (34 to be precise).  I wasn't sure if the Tales from the Wood Booger would make it that long and I really didn't know it would reach this milestone...500 blogs. I will admit, while sometimes doing this blog can be a grind, but I still enjoy doing it. This special blog gives me an opportunity to look back and give some facts over the previous 499 entries. The first blog was in March of 2013, but it didn't really get going until December.  That "second blog" was stats for the 2013 Fall Hiking Series (the 4th annual is just starting). I have had over 30,000 views (30,536 at the time I wrote this) The most viewed blog, by a wide margin is Day Hikes: Sawnee Mountain at 1255 views.  

Wood Booger on the Indian Seats at Sawnee Mountain.

I have had views from as far away as Russia and China. Over the time of the blog I have averaged 12 blogs a month since the start. However, if you adjust for the fact that I did one entry over the first nine months I have an average of 15 a month, not bad.  Since December of 2013, the year with the most blogs is 2015 at 225, but the most for a single month came in October of 2014.

At Mt. LeConte in 2015.

Pete at Hog Pen Gap in October of 2014.

The category with the most blogs is Day Blogs at 193. Not surprisingly the single most blogged about thing was the Beard Blog (65). The most blogged about hiking trail is the Appalachian Trail (AT), mountain; Blood Mountain, waterfall; Amicalola Falls.


One of my favorite pictures from the Beard Blog.

AT in Fox Cabin Gap.

Blood Mountain.

Amicalola Falls.

What is the future for the blog? I still enjoy doing it so I would say it is here to stay (unlike my beard). I do hope one day to move it so I can do more with it. So, here is to the first 500 blogs and here is to 500 more.

No comments:

Post a Comment