Monday, September 19, 2016

A Look Back At A Beautiful June Wildflower Hike On The Roan Highlands


I have meant to get some sort of blog up for a while on my Spring Wildflower hike on the Roan Highlands from June. This hike came in first on the Top 5 Hikes of HikeSummer '16 and while writing that blog I remember I had never done one for that hike, which was the best of the summer. Hell, I have even put photos up on Facebook. So, it is time to rectified that with a photo blog of some of my favorite pictures from that hike. These pictures are just as beautiful now as in June. Like the previous PhotoBlog on Grandfather Mountain I will add captions when warranted....so, enjoy.

Roan Mountain State Park




Carvers Gap I






New Information Board



Appalachian Trail (AT-N)







Round Bald (AT-N)

Dr. Brown's Trees


The Round Bald sign in July of 2014...

...it is gone now!



Engine Gap (AT-N)






Jane Bald (AT-N)











Grassy Ridge Bald




Big Roan Ridge





Hump & Little Hump Mountains

Grandfather Mountain

Mt. Mitchell & Mt. Craig







Jane Bald (AT-S)






Engine Gap (AT-S)



Round Bald (AT-S)





Carvers Gap II



Appalachian Trail (AT-S)




Roan High Knob



Appalachian Trail (AT-N)


Dr. Brown's Trees from Roan High Knob


Carvers Gap III




No comments:

Post a Comment