Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Finally I meet Bernie...The Bear I Mean


This past weekend my Dad and I headed over to the Cabin in Southwest Virginia. One of the reasons my Dad was over there was a Stoney Creek Reunion. Because of this my Uncle Glen came in from Illinois, it was good to visit with him. Once at the Cabin, I decided to take a hike and look for some Paw Paws. I found a few but most weren't ripe. On the way back I heard something in the brush. It sounded rather big so I figured it was a deer. It was then in front of me, about 50 yards, it crossed into my view...it was a Black Bear. I know there is one here because Dad has seen him a number of times and Terry had got some pictures back in the spring (I added one). I had seen sign of tracks and scat before plus I have turned the grill back up after Bernie flipped it over. Yes, we have even named him and before you ask it is in honor of Bernie Sanders. I tried to get a picture but by the time I got the camera up he started into the woods so I just caught a piece (the little black area on the pic before the ones of Bernie). Any it was really cool! So here are some pictures from the weekend.













Photos by Teresa Guice










No comments:

Post a Comment