Sunday, June 9, 2019

Maybe Not Mount Rogers But Still A Fun Saturday At TCC Retreat


I had plans for this weekend, but Mother Nature had different ideas. I was supposed to go on a backpack to Mount Rogers, but that got washed out. So, instead, I went to the annual day-long retreat for the Clinch Coalition (TCC).
I found out Friday that the backpack was being cancelled because of rain, lots of rain forecast for Saturday and Sunday. It turns out it was a good choice as the area where we where going, Grayson County, VA is under flash flood watch with over an inch of rain for Saturday night.
With my weekend cleared I decided to go to the annual retreat that the Clinch Coalition holds. We usually have this in February at Natural Tunnel State Park, but rain and flooding caused it to be cancelled this past Winter. Since it is Summer we couldn't have it at Natural Tunnel, so instead we had it at Flag Rock Recreation Area





Since it was rainy and chilly, my job was fire duty as the group picnic pavilion had a fireplace. It was a good meeting as we covered a lot of environmental issues for the next year, including the running of ATVs illegally through streams. A course we had a nice spread for lunch (my contribution was coffee) and I even got a short hike in.
So, even though I missed my backpack, with good food and good people the retreat was a good second choice to spend a rainy Summer day.











No comments:

Post a Comment