Monday, June 17, 2019

The Fun & Headache Of Three Days That Turned To Five In Southwest Virginia


A three-day trip to the Cabin in Southwest Virginia turned into a five-day one, but I have no complaints but one injury.
Before I get to that, Dad and I were supposed to come up Wednesday, but there was work being done at the house, so he wasn't able to come. However, I did anyway because I needed to mow. When I got up there was greeted with rain, so instead of mowing, I worked on things like the bird feeder that was trashed by Buddy.




Thursday would be mowing day as sun and wind dried the yard out. I even got to cut hiking paths up top. I also had to replace the cover on over the well. I replaced a constructer trash bag with a tarp. Even though it was dry enough to mow, my firewood was still damp so it was just porch sitting.




That would change on Friday as conditions were perfect for a fire. But before that, I got a morning hike in and went and picked up Dad. I have to say Friday evening was more than pleasant.










On Saturday I had to take Bax out on his hike, he was disappointed last time. Then while putting in fruit trees we had the Back Hoe to close to the hole. It was my head versus the bucket on the Back Hoe...guess who won?










That was really the end of my weekend as I just tried not to move too much. Still, it was a good five days all around.


No comments:

Post a Comment