Friday, June 28, 2019

A Big Thank You To Trail Workers


I just wanted to write a quick blog to thank those that work on the trails that we hikers enjoy. When I was at Roan Highlands on Thursday I ran into members of the Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy (SAHC) and the Eastman Hiking and Canoeing Club (EHCC) working on the Appalachian Trail (AT) at Jane Bald. It is the work of clubs like (EHCC) and the (SAHC) that keep maintenance on the AT and other trails and help protect the mountains from all sorts of threats. I have done some trail work myself, so I know the commitment these people put in.



I just want to add that people don't make it easy. One of the things they were doing was blocking a cut trail. Other things are picking up trash and getting rid of graffiti. I don't know what people are thinking as I saw that someone had spray painted on some of the oldest boulders in North America. One good thing those rocks will outlive their paint job. So, if you are on the trail and see these hard-working volunteers, give them a big thank you...



No comments:

Post a Comment