Friday, September 20, 2019

Tapping Out In The Bald Mountains Not Welcome...Down The Rabbit Hole


Yes, Pete here and you knew I would have something to say after the Big Lummox cut our loop hike short in the Bald Mountains.
Oh, or should I also call him Big Pansy! Let's go back to Saturday night as I cowboy camped outside I could hear him cower inside his tent. Earlier in the evening, the Lummox proposed that we do a loop of Davis Creek, Artie Hollow, and Phillips Hollow Trails. I wasn't too happy with the cutting of the miles (as I am all about mile-beating), but with it being more difficult I thought why not. I didn't particularly like a mile of road walk and I had to chase off three ankle bitters as they got the Lummox's panties in a wad. I should have known what time a day it would be when he pulled the phone out to see the best way to go on the Davis Creek Trail. The path to the right was more trail like it wasn't rocket science...geez!

Where we camped...

...the Lummox is smiling because he cut down the miles...pansy!
It was on all night...baby.



Those "ankle bitters" that terrified the Lummox.

Start of the trail...

...the first, just go right...

Then I heard those tired old lines..." it is hot" and "I am just not into it yet." More like I need my diaper changed. Well, I carried him up to the junction with the Artie Hollow Trail. He had whined about the blowdown and how rough Davis Creek was it got more so as we went up Artie Hollow. I was really getting into it about the time we got to that puny waterfall. I thought we would push on but the Lummox tapped out and wanted to go back...what a little pansy! Anyway, there is nothing else to say Pete out...bitches!

...the junction with the Artie Hollow...like the crying began.

My kind of trail!

I was laughing until we turned around & I felt...


No comments:

Post a Comment