Sunday, September 8, 2019

What Is Going On! Another Favorite Up In Smoke...The Hawg n' Dawg


I was just getting to accept that one of my favorite restaurants, the Bean Barn, had closed and I received more bad news...the Hawg n; Dawg in Erwin has closed!


 I was on my Sierra Club backpack on Labor Day Weekend and as we talked about eating once back at the parking area I said something about Hawg n' Dawg and John hit me with the bad news, one of the best barbeque restaurants in Northeast Tennessee. I last ate here in November of 2017 on a hike to Rocky Fork State Park. One of the reasons I went to Rocky Fork that day was to eat at the Hawg n' Dawg.



So, unbeknownst to me it would close a year later. From the story I read the owners, they were returning to West Virginia for family reasons. While not open near as long as the Bean Barn, the Hawg n' Dawg will be missed. So, for the second time in a month I say farewell, Hawg n' Dawg you will be missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment