Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Food Trucks Bring Back Memories Of Hockey Players Past


When I was in Johnson City after my hike Saturday I was trying to decide what I wanted to eat? Well, in the outer lot, of ETSU, at the corner of State of Franklin and University Parkway there were food trucks...four of them. I would have stopped anyway, but one was Auntie Ruth's Doughnuts, so you know I wasn't passing it up.


The other three were serving entrée, one the Caribbean Grill truck I have eaten at before next to Mahoney's. Let me just say they have great food, but I decided not to eat here for two reasons. One, like I said, I have eaten here before and two, I can eat there most days next to Mahoney's. So, it came down to two.



The first was called Trucky Cheese. It was a gourmet grilled cheese truck. The other was BiTE! at the time I thought it served up grilled fare, and because of this, I got a hamburger. Turns out a gourmet Philly Steak and Cheese was there specialty...maybe next time. But the hamburger was good and so was the waffle fries.



Maybe the coolest thing was this was all set up where we use to play inline hockey over 20 years ago. It was on the very spot where I sat that we played most of the time there was hockey in Johnson City. I couldn't help but think of my old friend Andrew Moore, who passed away this week. A lot of people know him as the drummer for the Johnson City band Plain Jane Has a Date, or as an artist but I use to play hockey with and against him on this old parking lot...good times!





No comments:

Post a Comment