Tuesday, November 12, 2019

It Was About Fun At The Fall Sierra Club Chapter Meeting


As I mentioned in my blog on the "Missing Link" I spent the weekend at the Tennessee State Chapter Meeting of the Sierra Club. The Fall meeting is traditionally held at Pickett CCC Memorial State Park and this year was no different. I am going to do something different than I originally planned and split this blog into two. There are several reasons, but the main one is that the two hikes I went on make up this year's annual Halloween Week Hikes. Because of the cold, I came down with and rain on Wednesday and Thursday I didn't get out on Halloween.


This was a unique meeting in two ways. First, the hosts were the State Conservation Committees and that means Care NET had a big part to play... translation a lot of morning kitchen time for the Wood Booger, but I did have a great assistant and plenty of other help. The second I got to do the hike on Sunday morning. The reason for this the State Chapter is looking to change the formats at these quarterly meetings. So, not ever gathering will have an Executive Meeting, and this was the first time that was happening.


Friday is always a hanging out time. But I did have to unload food since I was in charge of breakfast.
So, you can guess what I did early Saturday morning...I cooked eggs and lots of them, more than a normal Saturday. Bobbi made muffins while the Hike Leader handled the griddle.




As I said I will talk about the hikes, including my First Aid training in the next blog. But it was a fun evening of fireplace sitting...oh, I even one a cool water bottle in the Silent Auction and I only made one bid. Also, my team from Care NET whipped up a great meal...go, team!




Sunday morning was another early start in the kitchen for Sunday breakfast. I was in charge of making omelets. They were onion, mushroom, spinach, and cheese. Boy, I made a lot, 12 cartons worth! I did have help cracking the eggs and was needed as I was making four at a time. 
Anyway, it turned out to be a very successful Chapter Meeting...




No comments:

Post a Comment