Sunday, March 8, 2020

Spring Snow Adventures At The Cabin


I have had a number of Snow Adventures, but not one at the Cabin but that changed over this weekend. While it wasn't a big as last weekend's, it was the first Spring Snow of the new season.


About the time we entered Virginia we start seeing the white stuff. You could see it on Clinch Mountain and there was some on the ground beside the road. As we headed down towards Fort Blackmore snow was visible on High Knob. Anyway, at the Cabin, we didn't have any when we arrived. But, it did start to spit snow and was a little more consistent when I went out for a hike up to Gillenwater Ridge.






Bax and Lester went over with us, but Bax didn't go hiking with me Friday. He and Lester had an extended adventure. However, I promised to take him out Saturday and we headed out early that morning. The reason, I was hoping for snow and as we headed up the old road I call the Cabin Trail, we started seeing some. There were spots where the ground was mostly covered. I enjoyed it and so did Bax. Unfortunately, by the time we reached the other barn, it had started to melt and melted away by the time we reached the main barn.











This trip wasn't all about hiking. While trying to put a cover over the valves of the Spring tank where the water comes in. It was here that Dad and I discovered another problem...a leak below the value. Fortunately, it isn't too bad, so we have time to make repairs.
Oh, I almost forgot, I got a new pair of wellies!






No comments:

Post a Comment