Sunday, March 1, 2020

Ten Hours Of Work, Boiled Off In Five Minutes....Maple Syrup Failure!


Well, this blog was supposed to be about my triumph of once again making Maple Syrup. Like last year it was a total failure. Unlike last season this time, there is no excuse...I f**k up!!!
I went to get a quick bite and I thought it wasn't that close to being done. Well, when I got back it had boiled out. While I turned it down I should have turned it off. 


I have to admit I am pissed off. But, more than that I am really, really defeated. I spent all day feeding fire to boil down all this sap I collected. I mean 10 hours of work gone in five minutes of neglect. Oh, the work ain't done s I had the induction grill to wash and I still have these blackened pots to clean...damn! Anyway, I am not going to quit, because I can't with this outcome. Well, it is back to the drawn board...



1 comment:

  1. So sorry! That is heartbreaking... But I know your next one will come out great!

    ReplyDelete