Saturday, March 14, 2020

In Trying Times & For Whatever Reasons Waterfalls Make Things Better


Good weather, social distancing from the coronavirus or dog sitting these are all reasons I decided to do a short hike and I wanted it to be with waterfalls. So, there is no better place than the area around Laurel Run Park.


I am going to keep this one short as I have been here a few times, most recently January. There were four differences between these outings. First, the sign at the entrance gate was back. Second, this one was two miles way shorter, by 5.3 miles. Third, the water flow was good, but it wasn't as much as two months back as I could rock hope to make the crossing. Finally, I wish it would have been that way back in January as it was 40+ degrees colder then than Thursday (low 20s versus mid-60s).





Like I said it was good water flow and hard to notice much difference at Laurel or Little Laurel Falls. The difference could better be seen over at Bays Mountain Falls down the road. The water flow, while good, was noticeable less than January. 





No comments:

Post a Comment