Tuesday, February 2, 2021

The Last Month Of Winter Starts With Snow

February, the last month of metrological winter started the way it should...with snow. It arrived on Saturday (that is why I wanted to get off the Bullen Hollow Trail by Saturday afternoon) but really set in yesterday and continued to snow into this morning. While this was a big snow event in the Smokies (a foot in the high country) and a little less in the Northeast Tennessee Mountains but here at St. Clair not so much. Like the previous two snows (here & here), it was small, around half-a-inch. So, I went out for a stroll Sunday evening and took a few pictures. 



Then today, I took Bax out in the morning because he likes snow. It was a good thing because it was all but gone by mid-afternoon. Anyway, if you believe Punxsutawney Phil then I might see more snow but if you go with General Beauregard ‘Beau’ Lee it might be an early Spring. So, I might just hedge my bets and go look for some Thursday...



No comments:

Post a Comment