Saturday, February 27, 2021

This Hiking Season Comes Full Circle At The Cabin


It is the last week of February which means that Winter is winding down. That also means the end of the 2020-21 Hiking Season. With that, it was apropos that my final hikes of the season came at the Cabin in Southwest Virginia.
The reason for this was that in the topsy-turvy COVID year of 2020-21 hiking at the Cabin was an intricate part of this past hiking season. Hiking at the Cabin kicked off the 2020-21 season and then restarted it in April after the lockdown of March. I hiked more at the Cabin than anywhere else this year so it was coming full circle to end here.


So, when we got over to Fort Blackmore Wednesday I took Bax out for a hike on the loop up and over Wood Booger Ridge. It was a nice hike and Bax enjoyed it. I will say one thing it felt way more like Spring than Winter. It is a sign that March was around the corner.








Then Thursday, Dad wanted to go and check out the other barn. So he drove the tractor while Bax and I hiked it. On the way, we had to chainsaw some trees and haul rocks. On the way back I could tell Bax was getting tired. I knew if I went on up for the Triple Knob Loop that Bax would follow, so I decided it was best to head back to the Cabin. Anyway, it was a good hike, even if Pete didn't get his way. 
Then Friday morning it was supposed to start raining at any point, so we wanted to leave before it got heavy so we left around 10 am. Anyway, it was a fitting end to the Hiking Season of '20-21.













No comments:

Post a Comment