Thursday, September 2, 2021

The Devil Needs Your Help...Pack Out Your Trash At The Bathtub (Or Anywhere!)


For those who don't know the Devil's Bathtub is a popular spot. If you have ever been on a weekend you will know about parking issues. However, if you hike to the Bathtub you will know its popularity from the trash. I was recently in Southwest Virginia, specifically at the Cabin. I already talked about making the decision to hike to this popular spot in Scott County, but I forgot something I needed a trash bag. Since this was an out and back I leave the trash I find until on my way back. Since I didn't have a trash bag I ended up just using my backpack and my water bag for smaller stuff (like cigarettes). 


Anyway, I collected 18 plastic water bottles, two aluminum cans, a couple cigarette packs, a juice pack, small trash, a shoe bottom, and a pair of sunglasses. I have brought out more, like the time at Devil's Racetrack in Campbell County, TN where I hauled out a construction trash bag full. However, just know I could have collected more on this trip but I wasn't hauling out clothes without a trash bag and by trash picker. 


My Granddaddy would hate to see this place that he took me to as a boy spoiled by people who care so little about the Bathtub and leave behind their trash. I might sound like a broken record, but I am going to keep playing this one! f you can't take a little responsibility and Leave No Trace, just stay home!



No comments:

Post a Comment