Tuesday, May 31, 2022

A Hiking Machine's Happy High!

 

How do you make the Hiking Machine happy? Get him high in the mountains, which is what I got to do Monday and Tuesday with a trip to Mount Pisgah and the BPR (Blue Rudge Parkway). It seems these days I don't get to crush as many miles because of the Lummox, but I did get to camp at my new favorite place...Mount Pisgah Campground. While the posers stayed across the BPR at the Pisgah Inn, in my tent the way a Hiking Machine is meant to be! One of the best things that happened Monday was that damn drone of the Lummox stopped working! The camera was working or something (how should I know I'm just about crushing trail) so I thought of a drone-free trip. But somehow that idiot got it working...🤦‍♂️

Anyway, I did get some miles in Tuesday morning ripping it up to Fryingpan Mountain Fire Tower. I will cut the Lummox some slack for cutting the hike from 3.2 to 1.4 miles. A the Fryingpan Gap parking I hauled him up the 0.7 miles to the tower. I got a big laugh when he discovered that the catwalk was closed on the 70-foot tower. But, he would pull out that damn drone! Well, as another great bunny said..."that's all folks" and I'm out BITCHES!


No comments:

Post a Comment