Saturday, June 24, 2023

Two Cabin Trips Rolled Into One

This blog will cover not one but my two most recent trips to the Cabin. The reason is I'm behind on blogs and two to celebrate the end of my mowing migraine. These trips were just under a month apart with the first in mid-May and the other just a little earlier in June. In April I barely got the lawnmower to run, but finished the yard as the belt broke. When May came around we still hadn't gotten a new mower for the Cabin, but the problem with that was the Spring explosion had happened, so we had to piece together that Crappy Craftsman Mower. It mowed most of the yard but finally gave up the fight, this time it was done. So, on the return in June, a wonderful thing happened...we finally got a new mower. Yes, it took some time, but we unloaded the new Husqvarna. I won't get into too much detail, but let's just say it was such a relief to just mow and not have to spend a day working on a mower. Also, I was able to mow the road two the second fence because it really needed it. I also decided to get some miles out of the Worx's batteries I bought I took the overmatched weed eater to the Cabin to always have one here.

Out with the old in with the new.

Of course, I did get a chance to run the drone. I will say it is over at the Cabin that I test new stuff I learn or just try out stuff I might want to work out before doing it somewhere it might be harder to recover the drone if something went wrong. One more thing there were plenty of wildflowers.

(Clockwise) Deptford Pink, Common Milkweed, Butterfly Milkweed, Long-Stalk Crane's-Bill

Young Red-Tailed Hawk

Above the Cabin...

...May...

...(A) June. (BT) May Sunset & (BB) June Sunset.




No comments:

Post a Comment