Sunday, June 18, 2023

Any Excuse Is A Good One To Hike The Roans

Hello, my Peteoholics and I were out doing what the Hiking Machine does...crushing trail!
I'm going to surprise everyone when I say I was happy that the Lummox wanted to see some flowers. That's because this pansy pursuit got me on the AT (Appalachian Trail) in the Roans. I first had to do some hiking on the trail rated W (for wuss) around the Rhododendron Gardens. But, I did get a good laugh as those flowers he wanted to see weren't close to peak (bloom)...now that is good sh*t! 


I missed the thrill of hiking here in winter. It was more demanding and a lot fewer humans! 
Once that was out of the way, it was on to the AT up Round Bald. He got to see some flowers, and I got to go PYSCHO PETE SMASH trail! We only went as far as Jane Bald, and while I wanted to head on for camping on Grassy Ridge Bald, not the Lummox. No, he wanted to camp at the state park campground...what a wuss! Still, it wasn't all bad.



On Friday, the Lummox wanted to do what he thought was an easy half-mile loop on the Peg Leg Mine Trail. Well, it was a real trail with a loop about a mile longer. Good for the Hiking Machine, bad for the Lummox...that's more, good sh*t. With that, I have one more thing to say, I'm out...BITCHES!



No comments:

Post a Comment