Saturday, November 22, 2014

Near Misses On The Way To Tennessee

Well, it is Thanksgiving week (or it will be tomorrow) so Deb and I headed out toward Tennessee this morning. Most of the time the trip is uneventful, but not so today. First someone almost side swiped us in downtown Gainesville, GA. Then someone almost pulled out in front of us in Erwin, TN. Finally a four point buck leaped out just missing the front of our car. If I hadn't been going slow we might have had deer meat for the freezer. I guess, depending on how you want to look at it, we were either unlucky or very lucky. Anyway, I don't have any photos of our problems today but I did get some nice shots of Big Bald and the other mountains that can be seen from the I-26 West Metcalf Overlook. We also stopped at the Tennessee Welcome Center in Flag Pond and earlier in the day at the Smoky Mountain Host of NC near Franklin.

No comments:

Post a Comment