Friday, February 27, 2015

Back-up Snow Hike At Little Sawnee Mountain

Well,  I wanted to get out for a hike today, but I had to promise Deb I wouldn't go to the mountains. She worried about me hiking alone because of the 10 inches of snow in the high points of the North Georgia Mountains. So, I decided to do a training hike at Sawnee Mountain Perserve. When I got there to my surprise there was still plenty of snow on the mountain. There were spots of snow on the trail and where there wasn't any it was a bit sloppy. I did meet this guy today who was hiking bear foot, yes I said bear foot. Anyway, when I got to the Indian Seats the mountains had plenty of snow but the view was hazy, which was a surprise. Since I want to get miles in I hiked every trail in the park...just over 6.5 miles. Snow, lot of miles and not many other people,  Pete said that is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment