Monday, November 20, 2017

Shhh...Be Vewy Vewy Quiet, I'm Hunting Deer


This weekend I did something different for my usually outdoor active of hiking, my foray this time was a little Deer Hunting at the Cabin in Southwest Virginia.




I will admit it has been a long time since I did any hunting of any kind. The last time I went deer hunting was over 30 years ago...Ronald Reagan was President. I had been thinking of going back out for a couple of years because I love deer meat. I have been getting some various ways, but I kind of wanted to get one of my own (but I would share). So, I headed out and my gun of choice was the.308. The reason I used it was it had a scope. I hiked up to the clearing close to the gate that leads to the other barn. 







After setting for 45 minutes I looked for one of the trees stands that George (friend of Dad's that is building the Garage Mahal) and found it. It was about 15 to 18 feet off the ground. I spent an hour up there and all I saw was sleet, plus it got cold. 






After I left there I hiked past the Flannery Cemetery than up Russell and Robert Knobs before setting up in the Hollow. I thought of going up in Austin's old tree stand, but he won't even use it. As when I was a kid I stuck out. However, if hunting was easy it would be called shopping. 










Funny thing on the way out we spotted a deer, dead. It had been shot, but it was illegal it wasn't a spike. Oh, it looked like Coyotes had worked it over. No deer luck this weekend. 
However, I might have solved a mystery for February. I saw some sort of item in a tree and it looked like a balloon. I thought it might be the parachute of a weather balloon, but now I am not so sure. On the way back to the Cabin I found the remains of a Birthday Balloon...is it solved?




No comments:

Post a Comment