Sunday, July 26, 2020

Enjoying High-Summer Days At The Cabin


I had other things planned for my Birthday weekend, but the storms this past week caused a change. Instead, Dad and I (& Pete too) headed to the Cabin in Southwest Virginia to check things out.
Gate City and the surrounding area had taken a beating mid-week. We saw where trees had been removed near the highway to Fort Blackmore. We started up the road to the Cabin we ran into a big tree limb partly in the road, so we had to saw it out. Robert who's house is the first one heading up said that it rained three inches on Thursday. However, the tree at the bottom was the only one we had to cut out.




So, once at the Cabin, I decided to do a hike to check and see if I had any trees to cut one top. It turns out there was just one on Wood Booger Ridge right before George's Meadow. After that, as Pete said, we decided to head up to Russell and Robert Knobs. Even with the heat, humidity, and nats, it was a good hike. Also, that evening we had a short visit from The Bandit the Raccoon (I didn't get a good photo). Oh, no fire it was humid, damp and it trained so it was a washout.










Anyway, while my camp-out was put on hold a trip to the Cabin is always welcomed.


No comments:

Post a Comment