Thursday, July 23, 2020

High Summer Means "The Heat Is On" At Squibb Creek Falls


My rule for hiking in the season of Heat Miser...either go to the high elevations to waterfalls. This is what I did Tuesday in the humid heat of summer at Squibb Creek Falls.
I had done this hike on three other occasions (here, here & here), but this is the first time in summer. I knew it would be hot after last week's hike to Rock Creek Falls. I got at on the trail at about the same time as I did at Rock Creek Falls, so I knew it would be hot. The hikes are similar in length at about four and a half miles for both.


Like I said in a previous blog another great thing about this hike is that it is kind of a less known trek and in the era of Corononavirus that is not a bad thing. It starts out of Horse Creek Recreation Area before heading into the Sampson Mountain Wilderness. I will say the hike seemed hard than I remembered. I must admit I am a little out of shape, but I think the heat had something to do with it too.












As Pete blogged about it just got hotter as time passed. I will say the break at the waterfall helped. Since my shirt was soaked I just took it off and dunked it in the water to cool off. The only thing that helped was there was no problem with water. However, we finished it was 95 degrees. Pete might have not minded but I did!












No comments:

Post a Comment