Monday, March 22, 2021

What Else Can I say...THE LUMMOX!

 

Alright, I have to breathe and CALM DOWN! Okay, I give the Lummox grief, I get that, but there are times when he more than deserves it and that was the case Monday. What I am talking about was our "aborted" hike and camping in the CNF (Cherokee National Forest). I have wanted to do the loop of Phillips Hollow, Artie Hollow, and Davis Creek Trails for more than a year. He used the excuse of COVID last Spring and when we finally got back o the trail there was one excuse after another.

 Anyway...FINALLY, we were going to do the CNF loop Monday and then camp at the recently opened Old Forge Campground. So, we get to the Margarette Falls Trailhead (which is the one for the loop too) and he gets a boot out and then says: where is the other? It must be in the trunk." But, guess what? It wasn't...the airhead LEFT ONE AT HOME...WHAT THE FECK! How do you forget a hiking boot! No, that wasn't a question...I know! Just remember to quote Forest Gump "stupid is as stupid does" If you put his "brain in a parakeet it would fly backward!" We passed some guineas that wouldn't get out of the road I say the Lummox's Kinard spirits...WHAT A DOPE! That's all the more I think about it the madder I get, I am done...




No comments:

Post a Comment