Wednesday, March 24, 2021

A More Wood Booger Proof Pour-Over For Coffee


I have written a number of times about making coffee and the different ways I accomplish this task. The last way I described was by pour-over and it had become my go-to style of coffee I make. It is simply my favorite. 
When I bought my original pour-over early in the pandemic I got a cheaper one because I wasn't sure how I would like it. You might have guessed it was all glass, except for the coffee basket. Because of this, I knew it wasn't Wood Booger proof so it was just a matter of time before it got broke. Time ran out recently and I knocked it off the counter by accident and it hit the floor in pieces. All that remained was the mid-handle and coffee basket.

My old pour-over

The inspiration for the new pour-over

So, as a replacement I decided to do what I did when I broke my glass French press...get one made of stainless steel. Like the French press, stainless steel pour-over is a little more expensive. Unlike the French press, I couldn't get it all stainless steel. The basket holder is glass, but I got one that screws out meaning I can replace it. Also, it is bigger and has a screw-on lid which is cool. 

Parts of the pour-over

Making coffee

The biggest difference is on the old one I knew how much water by the levels on the base. This one doesn't have that so I have to measure the water and then pour it over. But, I will say I have gotten the hang of it. I am pleased with my new Asobu Pour-Over...




No comments:

Post a Comment