Friday, March 26, 2021

The Final Chapter Of The Barn Rescue in Southwest Virginia


If I am going to have a surprise on Hump Day going to the Cabin in Southwest Virginia isn't a bad one.
As I documented already I got my COVID-19 vaccine on Tuesday, so I was thinking I would take it easy on Wednesday. But late on Tuesday evening, my Dad asked if I wanted to go to the Cabin. The reason was that the work on the second barn was set to finish and he wanted to go over, so we did. 





As Pete, gleefully, pointed out it gave us the opportunity to hike up to Buckner Ridge. I was looking for Bear Corn but found Bloodroot instead. On the way back I took a detour with some nice views.
After the work was done we headed up to the Cabin. Since it is late March that means it is about Morel hunting season. 












Even though I didn't think the conditions were ideal (it was bloody hot out!) I decided to look for some spots on Wood Booger Ridge where I have found some in the past. While I didn't locate any I did find a wild turkey crime scene where a bunch of feathers was left behind.




Before long the heat and effects of the shot started to wear on me so I headed to the Cabin. I closed the day relaxing on the porch. Then it was back to St. Clair on Thursday...





No comments:

Post a Comment