Sunday, January 16, 2022

Winter Weather Makes For A January Trip To The Cabin


Well, earlier this week I did a quick trip to Southwest Virginia and the Cabin 
The main reason was the dusting of snow at St. Clair was a little more substantial in Ft. Blackmore. So, I went over to check things out. Soon as I headed down Copper Creek Bluff I could see that it was true as there was some leftover snow. This I saw all the way to Fort and when I started up the hollow towards the Cabin.


There was ice...

...& snow

Unlike a few years back when there was another large snow at the Cabin, this time I didn't have to deal with the top of the big cedar tree that was knocked out. 

December 2018

Because of that, I decided to go for a hike. I had only been out once in 2022 because I did start the year on the IR. Anyway, to placate Pete I told him I would take him to the Knob named after him. This is what I call the Knob Hike as it goes over Russell, Robert, and Pete. I got a steep climb, winter views of Fort, and snow at the hike through Bear Hollow. It was a good hike and Pete was happy...win, win!

Where I was headed




View of Ft. Blackmore Methodist Church & Pete Knob


I did see snow







More Photos: SmugMug, Google Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment