Thursday, November 17, 2022

Fall Colors Make Replacement Hikes At Margarette Falls & Tusculum Trail

In the middle of October, I was supposed to go on a two-night camping trip to Elkmont in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park (GSMNP). While these plans changed I did end up doing some hiking. First, on Wednesday, was a trip to Margarette Falls. I had some unfinished business here and I am not going to get Pete's fantasies on why we went on this hike. The unfinished business was running the drone around the 60-foot waterfall for the first time. I also adventured up to the Upper and Lower Bailey Falls. there were a lot of nice autumn colors too.


Mid-Point Falls.

Margarette Falls from 80 feet.

Upper...

...& Lower Bailey Falls


From above the Margarette Falls Parking Area...

...into the Bald Mountains...

...& the valley into Greeneville.

Then on Thursday, I hiked on the Tusculum Trail and was treated to some sweeping fall vistas. While not camping it was nice all the same...


Fall colors on the trail...

...Coldsprings Mountain...

...& the Camp.





No comments:

Post a Comment