Monday, November 14, 2022

Six Days To Close Out September In SWVA


Blogs are sometimes hard to get up and this one is proof as it goes all the way back to the end of September that I still haven't shared on the pages of the blog. I spent a week in Southwest Virginia. Besides hanging at the Cabin I also adventured to Devil's Bathtub, attended the first in-person High Knob Naturalist Rally, and took down a hornets' nest just to name a few of the highlights of my six days there.


I went over on Thursday (the day after returning from the Smokies) because Saturday was the Clinch Coalition (TCC) High Knob Naturalist Rally. I wanted to get most of the mowing done so I could venture to the Devil's Bathtub. I have talked in detail about it here, but it is always a nice hike and I also took advantage of the trip for a unique viewpoint...from the Drone. I also got the chance to use my new propeller guards and they worked because I flew into some leaves and the drone didn't crash...win!





While the weather was nice Friday that changed when I awoke Saturday morning. It was raining and it continued to do so when I arrived at the High Knob Recreation Area for the first, in-person, TCC Naturalist Rally since 2019.  While it was a bit of a pain, it stopped halfway through the Tree Identification Hike I went on. Eventually, it cleared up and dried out to male for a nice 16th edition of the rally! Also, it was great to see people I haven't crossed paths with in two-and-a-half years. 






On my way out I stopped at the High Knob Tower to enjoy the view. Even though it was cool and windy, I got the drone up for some nice shots of the tower.




Dad came over to join me on Sunday and I got some nice sunset footage I also cut down the hornets' nest which learned about 'the Bringer of Darkness.' This gave us the ability to work on the tractor (which we didn't fix). Well, that about covers this trip to the Cabin.






SmugMug Photos:

No comments:

Post a Comment