Friday, May 12, 2023

CareNET Hike In Virginia @ Natural Tunnel State Park

Last Saturday afternoon I went on my first hike in quite a while with the folks from CareNET. It was the first time in some time. I believe it was the first time since May of 2021. So, it was good to see some people I haven't seen in a while. The hike was Saturday, at Natural Tunnel State Park. near Duffield, VA. It was strange because I had only hiked here in the wintertime. 

Wintertime at Natural Tunnel

Last Saturday

So, this was really a wildflower hike. As I posted here there were a lot of wildflowers, including a favorite of mine Fire Pink. Because it was spring the chairlift was operating and I will say (Pete) that I wasn't embarrassed about riding it back up. Because it was a wildflower hike we had to cut it short before going to Lover's Leap.  Anyway, I will need to come back soon to tour the Wilderness Bockhouse.




Natural Tunnel


On the chairlift with Pete!

(T) Where I didn't go Lover's Leap & (B) Wilderness Blockhouse



No comments:

Post a Comment