Thursday, May 25, 2023

It's Seven Years Good Luck For Buffalo Mountain Wildflowers



It's mid-May, and that means one thing... the 7th Annual Wildflower hike at Buffalo Mountain Park last Thursday (May 18). 
This now annual hike is to find my personal favorite wildflower, Mountain Laurel. I was going to do it last Sunday, but I had a bout of CRS and had to abort the mission. However, it was worth the wait as there was lots of Mountain Laurel. But, that wasn't all as my other favorites here were on full display like Flame Azalea, Everlasting Pea, Rattlesnake Weed, Indian Psychic, and Pink Lady Slippers. Anyway, it was a great day for flowers, so enjoy the pictures!


Why I come in May...

...Mountain Laurel
Also I'm always looking for Pink Lady Slippers

Flame Azalea

Everlasting Pea

Rattlesnake Weed

Indian Psychic

Bear Corn

(L) Seneca Snakeroot, (R) Summer Bluet

(T) Finish up with Pink & (B) White Mountain Laurel


No comments:

Post a Comment