Monday, May 8, 2023

Crazy Pete Going Back-To-Back On The Trail

Peteaholics, your prayers have been answered as the Hiking Machine is HERE! While the trails this weekend weren't much of a challenge for a hiker of my caliber, I did get to go back-to-back with hikes Saturday and Sunday. First Saturday, I might be Crazy Pete, but I wasn't crazy about a hike where most people on the trail could lace my boots...including the Lummox. While I did get to hike to Natural Tunnel in the State Park it was embarrassing seeing everyone ride the chairlift back to the parking lot while I crushed the trail. Because I didn't even break a sweat I told the Lummox we are hiking Sunday. 

As for Sunday the Lummox wanted to do a wildflower hike to see if some lady slippers are something. Well, this sounds about right for the Lummox. So, we went over to my second favorite trailhead Horse Creek (numero uno Hogpen Gap). Now I thought I was going to my falls (Pete's Branch), but the Lummox and party were just like those flower lady slippers. Well, as I like to say, "Any day on the trail is better than any day that's not!" Well, Crazy Pete singing off with this, I'm out...BITCHES!

No comments:

Post a Comment