Sunday, May 21, 2023

Hiking Machine Nirvana AT Trail Day '23

HELL YEAH! The Hiking Machine returned to the mecca for an AT (Appalachian Trail) blazer like myself...Trail Days 2023!
If crushing trail is your life, like .e, this is the only place to be. This is my third trip with the first two being in 2016 & '17 so this was six years too long making my return. I tried to get the Lummox back the following two years, but he is a great excuse maker. He is the reason I'm Crazy Pete! Anyway, in 2020 it was canceled because of the 'RONA (COVID) the next two years were because the Lummox is such a pansy! It's no wonder I'm Crazy Pete after spending all these years carrying this wuss around.


But, this year I wasn't taking no for an answer so Damascus, VA was our destination. While I wanted to camp there so I could invite thru-hikers to sir at the Hiking Machine's learning tree he was just up for the day. But what a day it was...booths, gear, and plenty of other hikers, none in my league, but cool all the same. Some tried to enlist me for the Hiker Parade, but then they saw the Lummox and knew the burden I carry. Anyway, to all of those admirers just send your emails and cards however you want to I appreciate all of my adoring Peteaholics. Well, with that, I'm out...BITCHES!


1 comment: