Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Sometimes I like My Soup In A Dumpling

I have been down in Atlanta for a few days (and I will write more about that later) but the place I ate at on Labor Day deserves its own post. This place is Chief Liu's off the Buford Highway in Doraville. I first heard of this restaurant on Jim Stacy's second special, Get Delicious 2. This resturant offers a different kind of Chinese cusine, a northern variety. Monday wasn't my first trip to this place, I ate here back in 2011. So just like my first visit I came back for one item on the menu...Soup Dumplings! On the Get Delicious special this is what Jim said was a must to try. These tender dough wonders are pork dumplings, but they have the added bonus of soup inside them. So when you bite into them you get a rush of soup on your taste buds...yum! These are worth every penny. Another item I had on both visits is the Leek Pie. I would come here just for this item, it is great.  While I didn't have this Monday, four years ago I also got an order of Lamb Skewers, these were also excellent.  Oh, and they have free hot tea, which I always like. So, if you are on the Buford Highway in Doraville then make a stop at Chef Liu's, it is well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment