Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Last Stop...Roast Duck On Rice & Bubble Milk Tea At Ming's

As I will soon talk about I have been in the ATL for most of the last five days. So, after finishing my business it was back to Tennessee, but before leaving Wednesday I had one last stop to make. That stop before leaving Metro Atlanta was at Ming's BBQ. Located at Mall Corners in Duluth this place's claim to fame is Hong Kong BBQ. My love for Hong Kong BBQ pre-dates my first visit to Ming's. I first had Roast Duck on Rice at a stand in the HMart Food Court in Duluth. The first time I had it I was hooked. Anyway, the people who ran the stand eventually moved to a place on Buford Highway not far from Pleasant Hill Road. This new place was called V1 BBQ & Cafe. I went here for a couple of years and then one day I found it had closed, so how was I supposed to get my "fix" of Roast Duck. Well, that is when I found Ming's. While the roast pork here is good it is the roast duck that I return for over and over. The duck is just, really, really good! It comes on a bed of rice with vegetables and all-together it is one of my favorite meals. One thing I did have for the first time at Ming's was Bubble Milk Tea. As the name says it is tea mixed with milk, the bubble comes from the tapioca balls added to the drink. I always get this when I come here. There are a few things about Atlanta I will miss and Ming's duck is at the top of the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment