Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Yes...The Beard Has Been Here For A Year!



It is hard to believe but it has been a year to the day that I started what I called last September My Great Beard Challenge. I didn’t know what to expect when I started growing my beard. I will be honest, I didn’t even know if I could grow one. I thought it would be a patchy mess, but to my surprise it doesn’t look half bad. I know it isn’t a spectacular beard, but like I said it is better than expected. The other surprise is that it has bothered me that much. I read up on how to take care of one and because of that it never really itched me and that has been nice.  I credit that to using conditioner on the beard which has also kept it soft. Even in the heat of summer it never really was uncomfortable and because of that it has only crossed my mind to shave it a couple of times. One of the cool things was this year I had a playoff beard, for the first time,  during the Hawks march to the Stanley Cup. So, here I am standing at one year and I am still going strong. So, with that said I have an announcement to make about the Beard Blog. First, I am not shaving the beard as of now. Who knows I could cut it next week, but there are no plans to at least until spring. No, what I am going to do is cut the Beard Blog back to once a month. There just isn’t a lot to write about most weeks, so I think it might be more interesting if I just update once a month. When I do I will have pictures from each week to show any changes and I will add pictures from places I go. Now if something comes up or I decide to shave my beard off  then I might update sooner, but as of now I will do a Beard Blog at the start of each month, unless there is a groundswell of people who want me to continue weekly or bi-weekly. I have other changes to the blog overall I hope coming soon. One thing is I want to move it to server where I can sell ads for my page. I will put up more about these plans as they take shape. Anyway, below are some of my favorite pictures of me and my beard over the past year. Also, I have put up one picture from each month to show the progress and the photos from this week. So, for maybe the last time here is the weekly Beard Blog, but not the end.


Day 17: Cane Creek Falls

Day 20: Woody Gap

Day 47: AT near Cowrock Mountain

Day 51: Jarrard Gap

Day 55: Lake Moultrie

Day 65: Big Cedar Mountain

Day 65: After Voting

Day 72: Rabun Bald

Day 90: Max Patch

Day 95: Blood Mountain

Day 102: Pinnacle Knob

Day 109: Rocky Mountain

Day 140: Castillo de San Marcos , St. Augustine

Day 142: Jacksonville Beach

Day 164: Panther Creek Falls, GA

Day 179: Dawsonville, GA

Day 188: Amicalola Falls State Park

Day 198: Len Foote Hike Inn

Day 201: Sawnee Mountain Preserve

Day 202: Mountain Crossing at Walasi-yi

Day 208: Katahdin (no really Dahlonega, GA)

Day 212: Gooch Gap

Day 223: Big Firecald Knob

Day 245: Neel Gap

Day 269: Blood Mountain

Day 272: Springer Mountain

Day 288: Madhouse in Milton (Bobby G's)

Day 288: HAWKS WIN THE CUP!

Day 298: Newfound Gap, GSMNP

Day 298: The Jumpoff

Day 329: Lover's Leap near Hot Springs, NC

Day 335: By-Pass Sign, GSMNP

Day 347: Chimney Tops (lower peak)

Day 356: Mt. LeConte Lodge

Day 356: Cliff Tops

Day 361: Beauty Spot...

...on the AT

September 1, 2015 (Today)

September 1, 2014 (One Year Ago)

October 2014

November 2014

December 2014

January 2015

February 2015

March 2015

April 2015

May 2015

June 2015

July 2015

August 2015

September 2015: Day 357

Left

Right

Below


No comments:

Post a Comment