Friday, November 20, 2015

Hot Chicken Time At Rocky's!



Whether going there for a reason or just passing through I love my visits to Asheville. One of my favorite places to eat in "Beer City USA" is this place off Patton Avenue called Rocky's Hot Chicken Shack. I discovered this place the first time I came up through Dillard, GA from the ATL in 2012. It was a few months later, January of 2013 at the West Asheville location in fact, that I first ate here and it was love at first bite. So, when heading though Asheville on Thursday it was time for another visit. I will say that since I love hot chicken and that is what I always get. My go to order is the two piece leg and thigh plate, it is the amount of heat on my chicken that is always in question. In the past I have got them medium, but today I opted for the mild, but trust me that is not the best way to describe them (mild). At most other places the mild would be at least medium. It is here, the medium, that is the start of the climb up the latter of heat ending at XX-Hot also know as Mount St.Hell No! (see chart below). Anyway, besides the spice the fried chicken itself is delicious. They have a number of sides but my two favorites are the mac & cheese and collard greens, which are some of the best outside of Atlanta. On this visit I had my first desert from here, the homemade pecan pie...a la mode. While not as good as Deb's it was better than the average restaurant one. I have to say if you are in Asheville you can do no better than a trip to Rocky's.








No comments:

Post a Comment