Saturday, November 7, 2015

Day Two: Hiking, Feeding Catfish & A Sunset In Illinois

Well, today was a full day in the Land of Lincoln at my Aunt and Uncle's. After saying hi to Lucy (their cat) and Jazz (dog) I took a look at Dad's new truck and I then went on a tour of the buildings on the farm. One is a grain silo that was built in 1944. It is of such good construction that my Uncle has converted it to a tornado storm shelter. We then drove out to look at my Uncle's new deer stand. When I got back I decided to hike around the farm. I hiked past the two ponds and then down to the creek and found four more deer stands, including my Aunt's. In the end I hiked over four miles. After that I took some bread down to feed the catfish in the bigger pond and enjoy a beer. I finished the day with an Illinois sunset...nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment